Itch Guard Plus is a medicated antifungal cream with terbinafine hydrochloride and cooling menthol. Itch Guard Plus cream is a fast-acting 3rd generation anti-fungal cream that provides effective relief from fungal infections of the skin such as jock itch, infection between toes and fingers.
- Itch Guard Plus Cream helps treat skin infections caused by many different types of fungi.
- It works by stopping the growth of the fungus causing the infection.
- This will relieve symptoms of itching, soreness and irritation and clear up the rash on your skin.
- This medicine is effective in treating a wide range of fungal infections all over the body including athlete’s foot.
- You should keep using it for as long as it is prescribed even if your symptoms have gone.
- This will ensure that the infection is completely cured and prevent it from coming back.
How to Use
- Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use.
- Apply a sufficient amount to cover the affected area and 1 inch of the immediate surrounding skin.
- It can make your skin more sensitive to the sun. Always use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
- Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are in the affected area.
- Do not take a double dose.
- Itch Guard Plus Cream is for external use only.
- It should be used in the dose and duration suggested by the doctor.
- Applying it at the same time every day will help you remember to use it.
- The affected area should be clean and dry before the application of the ointment.
- You must wash your hands thoroughly before and after the application of this medicine.
- Do not stop using it until you have finished the complete course, even when you feel better.
- If you stop using this medicine too early, the fungus may continue to grow and the infection may return or worsen.
- Avoid direct contact with the eyes, nose or mouth. If accidental exposure occurs, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Moisturizers can be used regularly to soothe and hydrate the affected area.
- If it does not get better within a week, speak to a pharmacist or doctor.
- Check the label for directions before use.
1. Is Itch Guard Plus Cream safe for use?
The new Itch Guard Plus cream is a fast-acting 3rd generation anti-fungal cream that provides effective relief from fungal infections of the skin such as jock itch, infection between toes and fingers. Using the cream as and when directed by your physician will help reduce fungal infections and will also prevent the infections from recurring.
2. How long does it take for the Itch guard to recover the infected area?
It can take a few weeks for the infection to clear and a few months before the skin returns to its normal colour.